The Network develops innovative, year-round training and exercise opportunities tailored to the unique needs of Washington state’s healthcare community. Our members and partners—the leading medical institutions in the region—contribute innovative knowledge to each training to ensure it is relevant to our region’s healthcare disaster services needs.
Past training opportunities include:
• Business Resiliency and Recovery Workshop
• Pediatric Emergency Response Workshop
Exercises provide our healthcare partners with the opportunity to practice, test and course-correct their healthcare disaster response services using real-life scenarios. Exercises are focused on the top hazards for our region and also incorporate vital disaster response tactics (i.e., transferring patients between hospitals).
Annual exercises include:
• National Disaster Medical System Patient Reception Full-Scale Exercise
• National Disaster Medical System Patient Reception Tabletop Exercise
• Healthcare Facility Water Disruption Exercise
• Nursing Home Evacuation Tabletop Exercise
• Hospital Response to a Bombing Exercise
Please visit our events page to register for upcoming opportunities.