- Ebola: Quick links for local provider news and the latest government advisories and preparedness updates.
- Active Shooter: Quick links for preparedness and response.
- Flu Season: Quick links for preparedness and the latest news.
For a complete list of the Network’s resources click here.
The Network facilitates system planning with healthcare and other emergency response organizations to establish relationships, leverage expertise and develop plans and tools. Working together with our partners, the Network has developed plans and tools to help ready all types of healthcare facilities for their next emergency, including:
- Regional Acute Infectious Disease Response Plan
- Regional Healthcare Situational Awareness Procedure
- Regional Scarce Resource Management and Crisis Standards of Care Concept of Operations (in progress)
- Regional Patient Tracking Concept of Operations
- King & Pierce County Long-term Care Mutual Aid Plan (LTC-MAP) for Evacuation and Resource Sharing
- Regional Healthcare System Emergency Response Plan (in progress)
- Regional Hospital Evacuation Plan (in progress)
- NWHRN Clinical Guidance NDMS OutBound Patient Movement Toolkit V1.4
- Hospital Guidelines of Management of Pediatric Patients in Disasters Toolkit
- Regional Healthcare Hazard Vulnerability Assessment (HVA)
- Hospital Decontamination Consensus Recommendations (in progress)
- Healthcare Scarce Resource Management Tools (in progress)
The Network provides the following services for its Members:
- Assist with onsite support during healthcare accreditation visits. Due to the short notice of accreditation visits, this service is subject to staff availability.
- Consult with and/or support exercise design, conduct and evaluation.
- Participate in Member-sponsored health events and disaster fairs, subject to staff availability.
- Review and provide feedback on healthcare hazard vulnerability assessments, emergency preparedness plans and other emergency planning documentation.
Resource and Information Sharing
The ability to communicate with regional partners during an emergency is critical to obtaining situational awareness, making informed decisions and acquiring needed resources. The Network develops strategies for regional information exchange and resource matching. We manage a variety of mutual aid agreements, including:
- Mutual Aid Plan for Healthcare Resource Sharing
- Hospital Evacuation and Response Mutual Aid Agreement
Community Planning Resources
Local emergency management offices also provide helpful planning resources, including local hazard vulnerability analyses and comprehensive emergency management plans. These resources can be accessed at the following websites:
- King County Office of Emergency Management
- Pierce County Department of Emergency Management
- City of Seattle Office of Emergency Management
For more information about the Network’s plans and planning initiatives, contact us.